After moving I had to stop unpacking.
I noticed: These figures will never ever fit in those 6 drawers again, not even if I build three more. In my old apartement they were stored everywhere: In drawers, boxes in every room, under the bed etc.
So I made a decision: It is finally time for some display. The planned display (my dioramas) are already planned too small again *roll* and they will be finished in …don’t know…2073 maybe???:D
So I thought of something more easy to build, something more simple. Here is my “testhot” ;). I hope you like it!
I built three steps out of foam and used polysterene boards to cover it. I made a mask to drill the holes in regular gaps and sprayed it black. I tried to get a good lightening and whenever possible hide the cables. I finally found beech wood in the correct size to make my pins. I also tried to invent sth simple for the figures without PEG holes. So far it all works out and figures still stand after really shaking that place 😀
I already have some issues with the lightening of the first row and some other smaller things to improve.
Now on with buying the stuff I need….to finsih this shelf as soon as possible!!
BTW: Not every figure I have will make it in the shelf. I will still need my 6 drawers, dont worry 😀
Here is some exclusive stuff…..only the best (and this is really hard on Luke i.e.):
Oli and other asked how the figures “stands” work! Here is some details:
As you can see all I needed is some wire for flowers (very dark green coated). The coating preserves from scratches. A wood pin (all in the same size: 3,2 mm…so I can swap figures like I wish to). Some “patafix” for the weapons that won’t hold in the hands…..and some tools. This is the most price efficient solution I could imagine of! Perfect if you ask me. I need to make the large pins black. The ones from the figures withouth PEG holes (see above)…then it is relly perfect. Very fast to build, cheap and is more safe then all other solutions. Seriously…it is better than stands. I shaked the shelf really heavy! 😀
Some more pictures:
Going now into mass-production 😀 😀 😀
Lightening and brazing: done
Cutting the foam and the poysterene for two more “steps”: done
putty the gaps: done!
Update with the Logo 😀